Certificates, Reports and Awards
Nokian Tyres can be considered a forerunner in the tyre industry with regard to the long-term development of safety and environmental issues. Responsibility means more to us than just meeting the requirements and norms of society.
The core stepping stones for our actions are safe and environmentally-friendly products, industry-leading production processes, safe work environments and personnel well-being.
Nokian Tyres plc has qualified to the OMX GES Sustainability Finland index 12/2012
The index is designed to provide investors with a liquid, objective and reliable benchmark for responsible investment. The benchmark index comprises of the 40 leading NASDAQ OMX Helsinki listed companies in terms of sustainability. The index criteria are based upon international guidelines for environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. The index is calculated by NASDAQ OMX in cooperation with GES Investment Services.
Corporate Sustainability Report 2013
The renewed Corporate Sustainability report, which has been implemented according to the revised GRI G4 guidelines, has been published as a web version. The report can be browsed through traditional navigation tools or through links in a GRI comparison table. The report can also be easily printed, either as a whole, or just by necessary sections defined by the user.
Corporate Sustainability Report 2012
Nokian Tyres published its first Corporate Sustainability Report that was drawn up according to the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) guidelines; it describes the goals, plans, actions, and results of the group’s sustainability programme in 2012. Added perspective has been introduced by describing Nokian Tyres’ activities from the past few years.
EMAS Report 2011
EMAS Report 2010
Environmental Report 2009
EMAS Report 2008
EMAS Report 2007
Environmental Report 2006
EMAS Report 2005
Environmental Report 2003
Nokian Tyres' certificates:
- 1994 ISO 9001 Certificate (quality), Nokia factory
- 1995 BS 7750 Certificate (environmental), Nokia factory
- 1998 ISO 14001 Certificate (environmental), Nokia factory
- 2006 ISO 9001 and 14001 Certificates, Vsevolozhsk factory
- 2008 ISO 9001 and 14001 Certificates, Nokian Däck Ab
- 2013 ISO/TS 16949:2009 Certificate (quality), Nokia
- 2013 ISO/TS 16949:2009 Certificate (quality), Vsevolozhsk
Examples of awards:
- In year 2006 Honourable Mention in ”Environmentally friendly tyres” in the European Business Awards for the Environment (EBAE) contest’s - Finnish series