Nokian Z G2
- Stable, precise and quiet
- Retains its driving properties in extreme situations
- Excellent wet grip at all temperatures
Nokian Z G2 tyre is the test winner in the 2012 summer tyre tests of the German car magazines “Auto Bild”, “auto Test”, “gute Fahrt”, and “Auto Bild allrad“.
The top ratings of “Auto Bild exemplary”, “auto Test test winner”, “auto motor sport especially recommended“, “gute Fahrt recommendation” and “Auto Bild allrad exemplary” show the outstanding qualities of Nokian Z G2 summer tyre of the world’s leading winter tyre specialist in the respective test report.
Nokian came second in the “auto motor sport" test, scoring the top rating “especially recommended” and was “recommended” in the German car magazine “sport auto”. The Nokian SUV tyre was also “highly recommended” in the last “Auto Zeitung” off-road tyre test.
“Auto Bild” and “auto Test” praise the Nokian Z G2 as follows: “Strengths: convincing all-rounder with the shortest braking distances on wet and dry surfaces, good steering precision, stable directional control, and low fuel consumption.” Its braking distance is nearly 28 metres (!), and 22 metres shorter than the worst of all 50 car tyres tested on a wet surface. “The Nokian Z G2 has the best grip” and guarantees maximum safety.
The Nokian Z G2 is designed for sporty cars and fast driving and belongs to the UHP category, the top class of passenger car tyres.
Nanotechnology and multi-layer structure: precise driving response
The Nokian Z G2 is targeted at demanding consumers, and its top-of-the-range performance has been achieved with the help of the latest development and production technology.
The main innovations utilised in the tyre – the multilayered tread construction, the nano-silica compound and the new tread geometry – form the Nokian Cool Zone Concept, which improves driving stability, handling, wet grip and durability. In addition, it considerably reduces the tyre’s noise level, rolling resistance and heat generation.
The outer layer of the Nokian Z G2 features a new silica compound, Nokian Cool UHP Silica, which ensures excellent wet grip in all temperatures. The new compound also efficiently dampens noise generated when driving on asphalt – the tyre is quiet and pleasant to drive.
New tyre geometry: excellent handling properties
The revamped tread design of the Nokian Z G2 enhances driving stability, especially on corners, when changing lanes and dodging. It makes the Nokian Z G2 safe and precise to handle, even in extreme situations.
In terms of appearance, the Nokian Z G2 has an asymmetric inside-outside tread pattern. The open centre tread design has proven to be the best technical solution, especially in high-speed tyres.
More safety, carefree and comfortable driving
The Driving Safety Indicator (DSI) on the centre rib indicates the depth of the main grooves. Safe driving in the rain requires good tyre condition. The main grooves must be at least 4 mm deep in order to be able to avoid aquaplaning.
The sidewall has an info field for pressure recommendations. The correct tyre pressure improves car handling, and reduces tyre damage and fuel consumption.
The Nokian Z G2 is completely free of any harmful high-aromatic oils. Like all products manufactured in Nokian Tyres’ plants, the Nokian Z G2 is made using purified oils and with minimal environmental impacts.
- Hakka Green Silica rubber compound
- Purified oils
- Nokian Cool Zone Concept
- Polished grooves (summer)
- Inside - outside design (summer)
- Driving safety and aquaplaning indicator
Select a tyre size to view EU label information
- When selecting a tyre, always choose one that matches your usage in the best possible way. In addition to the three characteristics, there are a number of other factors related to safety, performance, and the environment that tyre developers and testers take into account.
- Although the new label makes it easier to compare tyre models, you should also support your decision by consulting the following, for example tyre retail experts or independent magazine test articles.
- The wet grip rating for a tyre does not indicate how suitable the tyre is for the real winter weather. Instead, it may be misleading and endanger traffic safety. In demanding and varying winter conditions, the most important safety characteristics for tyres are ice grip and snow grip.
- Product release
- 25.04.2012 Nokian tyres are the test winners in the 2012 German summer tyre tests
- 06.03.2012 Nokian Z G2 is the winner of the summer tyre test 2012 in the German car magazine "Auto Bild"
- Nokian Z G2 is the test winner of the summer tyre test 2012 in the German Volkswagen and Audi magazine “Gute Fahrt”
- Nürburgring lap record for electric cars: Electric RaceAbout on Nokian eco tyres
- Ecological driving fun with the electric sports car ERA on Nokian eco tyres at e-miglia rally
- Nokian tyres are multiple test winners and they are tested under extreme Northern conditions
- Nokian tyre achieves with „good" the best judgement in the tyre tests of the leading German automobile association ADAC and of consumer organisation Stiftung Warentest
- EU tyre label
- Useful tips for tyre maintenance