Nokian Hakkapeliitta R
Safe and reliable in all winter conditions
- Superior non-studded winter tyre on ice
- Extremely low rolling resistance
- Also safe on wet roads
Firm grip – low emissions
The sidewall of the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R is labelled with the promising words ultra low rolling resistance. This means that the non-studded winter tyre rolls very efficiently without wasting energy. From the driver’s perspective, this translates into economic and environmentally friendly driving with up to half a litre lower fuel consumption per hundred kilometres.
The reduced rolling resistance of the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R does not entail any compromise on grip properties. Notwithstanding the excellent rolling properties, the tyre surpasses its predecessor’s braking ability on icy, snowy and especially wet surfaces.
The grip holds in freezing temperatures and rain
The improved grip properties are the result of a new, Nordic winter compound. Featuring both silica and canola oil, the new-generation rubber compound used in the tread enhances wet and ice grip and improves tear resistance. The patented pump sipe enhances wet and ice grip.
The directional tread pattern is covered by a dense net of sipes, which further improves the grip abilities. Braking grip is enhanced by brake boosters, found to be efficient in the tyre’s predecessors.
Precise driving response in sudden events
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R offers a precise steering response that helps the driver detect changes in the non-studded winter level. The grip range is wide, which helps the driver react to grip changes in time.
The structural and tread pattern solutions of the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R guarantee excellent dodging and steering properties and good stability. The multi-layer tread structure and rubber compound, specially developed for non-studded winter tyres, ensure that the tyre remains stable irrespective of changes in winter conditions.
- Sipe activators
- Purified oils
- Pump sipe
- Brake booster
- Canola-silica compound
- Multi-layer tread structure
- Trible block sequence
Select a tyre size to view EU label information
- When selecting a tyre, always choose one that matches your usage in the best possible way. In addition to the three characteristics, there are a number of other factors related to safety, performance, and the environment that tyre developers and testers take into account.
- Although the new label makes it easier to compare tyre models, you should also support your decision by consulting the following, for example tyre retail experts or independent magazine test articles.
- The wet grip rating for a tyre does not indicate how suitable the tyre is for the real winter weather. Instead, it may be misleading and endanger traffic safety. In demanding and varying winter conditions, the most important safety characteristics for tyres are ice grip and snow grip.