Good to know
- Applies to tyres for passenger cars, 4x4s, vans, trucks, and buses that are manufactured after 1 July 2012 and that are approved for road use.
- The labels do not apply to studded tyres, retreaded tyres, spare tyres, racing tyres, or tyres for vintage automobiles.
The tyre label do not apply to:
- Tyres equipped with grip enhancing accessories, such as studded tyres
- Off-road tyres for professional use
- Tyres designed for installation only in vehicles first registered before 1 October 1990.
- Temporary spare tyres of type T
- Tyres with a speed rating below 80 km/h
- Tyres whose nominal tyre diameter is at most 254 mm or at least 635 mm (≤10″ or ≥25″)
- Retreaded tyres
- Tyres designed for installation only in racing vehicles.