0 – 9 bar (+/- 0.04 bar)
-40 to 80°C (+/- 2-4 °C)
(-40 °C to -20 °C with limited functionality and performance)
10 000 active hours typical usage. Non-replaceable battery.
Inner surface of tire.
No wheel-balancing required.
Communication between smart tire and mobile app:
Bluetooth low energy
Low pressure, High temperature
Sensor connection lost
Pressure and temperature. Fleet monitoring requires a network connection.
App available for:
Android 8 onwards | iOS 11 onwards
Whichever comes first:
- 8 000 hours of operation, OR
- 2 years from date of purchase
- Use with liquids of any kind in the tire
- Use with inner tubes
Smart tires have an extra year warranty.
Designed and developed by and for Nokian Tyres, the Nokian Tyres Intuitu sensor measures tire pressure and temperature directly from the inside surface of the tire. It sends measurements every minute via Bluetooth to the Nokian Tyres Intuitu mobile app.
When the app detects abnormal tire conditions, it alerts the user. This way, action can be taken to keep the tires in top condition, thus working safely, extending the life of the tire and keeping costs as low as possible.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
App download, installation and account management
There are two possible reasons:
- Your phone must have Android 8 or newer, or iOS 11 or newer. For older phones the app will not show.
- You may be in a country where we haven't released the app yet.
The app is optimized for mobile phones but works on any device running Android 8 or newer, or iOS 11 or newer.
Extremely little. From settings you can choose whether to sync with the Intuitu cloud all the time or only with Wi-Fi.
Note! If you turn off your data connection, information will not be shared with other users in the fleet.
Very little. Data is collected from the smart tires and moved to the Intuitu cloud whenever there is a network connection.
Communicating with smart tires requires Bluetooth, which in turn requires access to your phone's location. This location information is not shared with the Intuitu cloud.
No, we do not recommend this. If you prevent the app from sending notifications to you, you will miss alarm messages telling you about problems with your smart tires.
As many as you like. There is no limit.
Your email address can be associated with only one fleet at a time. If you drive for multiple fleets, you will need to create separate Intuitu accounts with different email addresses, then log in as required.
This can be requested directly in the app.
No. This will void the sensor warranty.
No. This may damage both the inner tube and the sensor.
This all depends on the structure of the tire and what objects are between the tires and phone. A few meters minimum is typical.
iPhone: Up to 8 Bluetooth devices can be communicated with at the same time.
As many as you like. There is no limit.
For Android we have tested up to 16 smart tires. For iPhone, the maximum is around 8 Bluetooth devices at any one time - each smart tire is one Bluetooth device.
No. The sensors are specifically for the tire in which they were fitted. By removing the sensor, you risk damaging the sensor and the tire and this will void the warranty.
Please contact us and we will update the app for you. It is important that the smart tire is in the right position on the app if problems occur and the app alerts you of this. Note! If you have normal tires that you have registered, you can move them around yourself in the app.
Within the app you can transfer complete sets of smart tires to new owners. Go to the fleet tab → swipe left → edit vehicle → select "Transfer tires". Make sure you give your original proof of purchase to the new owner.
Please contact us and we will update the app for you.
Absolutely. You can have as many or as few smart tires as you like. Please contact us to make sure your app is properly set up.
Please contact us. Do not try to remove the sensor yourself.
Android and iOS work in slightly different ways. Only iOS requires that the smart tires are paired with every phone in the fleet.
Go to settings and disable these pairing notifications. If you do end up driving a fleet vehicle, enable the pairing notifications to start the pairing process.
Please try the following steps. If they do not help, please contact us immediately.
- Make sure you are close to the smart tires - get out of the vehicle if necessary.
- Make sure the smart tires stay awake by moving the vehicle a little - the pairing process can take 5 to 10 minutes, in which time the tires will go to sleep.
- Make sure that you have both Bluetooth and location services on and shared with the Intuitu app.
- Try putting your phone into Flight Mode for a minute or two.
- Try restarting your phone.
Caution! Do not try to pair your smart tires while driving.
Please try the following steps. If they do not help, please contact us.
- Make sure the smart tires are awake by rotating them at least a full revolution - they will go to sleep 5 minutes after they stop turning.
- Make sure that you have shared Bluetooth and location services with the Intuitu app
- Make sure that your phone is within a few meters of the smart tires.
- Try putting your phone into Flight Mode for a minute or two
- Try restarting your phone
Smart tire monitoring
Please check the following:
- Does your phone have a data connection?
- Does your driver have their phone with them?
- Does your driver's phone have a working data connection?
- Is this phone close to the smart tires? Metal and glass weaken the Bluetooth signal from the tires.
- Is the Intuitu app active and signed in to the correct account?
- Have Bluetooth and location permissions been enabled all the time and not just when the app is in use?
If the app detects a tire from which it has received no data for 15 minutes while others are moving and sending data, the app will display a "Smart tire connection lost" notification. If this alarm persists for more than a few days, please contact us.
The app has a battery usage profile typical of other apps that run in the background using Bluetooth and location services.
Smart tires wake as soon as they detect tire rotation and go to sleep 5 minutes after rotation has stopped.
There is a low-pressure alarm and a high-temperature alarm. You can set the alarm as you wish. When a reading is detected that is the wrong side of the limit, the app will notify you. We will anyway notify you and all users in the fleet if the pressure drops below the minimum on the scale or the temperature exceeds the maximum on the scale. This way even fleet managers are notified of extreme values. These limits have been set by Nokian Tyres tire engineers to ensure tire safety.
Not at the moment. If you would like this feature, please contact us. If you are a fleet manager, just get someone in the fleet to invite you and you will be able to follow everything from your own phone. New members can be invited by members with 'Manager' rights directly from the app.
This is a feature for the future. Please contact us if you would like this.
Nokian Tyres Intuitu is not a safety-related system.
Please see our Technical Tire Manual. There is a link to this within the app.
No. If you would like this feature, please contact us.
As a member of a fleet, you will be able to see other member's email addresses and the date and time when data was last collected from the smart tires in the fleet.
Heavy tire registration
You need to register your new heavy tires with us within one month of purchase. The best time to do this is immediately after buying them. Please contact us if you are having problems reading the tire ID. You will need your proof of purchase.
Please check the following. If they don't help, please contact us.
- Are you trying to register a truck, bus or passenger car tire? If you are, then it will not work because these can't be registered.
- Make sure that your phone has a network connection.
No problem. You can do this in the app. Remember to keep your tire information up to date in the app as you swap and change tires so that we can help you better should you have a problem with the tire. The extended warranty remains in place even if you move the tires.
Note! If this is a smart tire, you need to contact us if you change the position of your tires.
Within the app you can transfer complete sets of registered tires to new owners. Go to the fleet tab → swipe left → edit vehicle → select "Transfer tires". Make sure you give your original proof of purchase to the new owner.
No and you don't need to. You can only register non-smart heavy tires with the app. Smart tires are already registered for you.
Data privacy and security
For Nokian Tyres, your privacy and data security are matters of utmost importance. That’s why every aspect of the Intuitu service is fully GDPR compliant. To ensure security, the data transfer between the sensors and the mobile application is encrypted. The data storage is provided by world-leading data storage platform providers.
Intuitu gathers the following data:
- User details: name, login details, contact details
- Smart tire data: pressure, temperature, movement, time of measurement
- From the device communicating with the smart tire:
- Speed and altitude
- App usage data
The data is used as follows:
- For providing the app features – tire monitoring, tire registration
- To improve tire warranty claim handling
- Anonymized data is used
- To gain an understanding of how the tires are being used
- For designing and developing better tires
- For improving the app and related services
- To communicate with customers (marketing communication only if allowed by the user)
Registering your new heavy tires in the Intuitu application entitles you to a one-year tire warranty extension. The Intuitu sensors in smart tires are covered with a warranty of their own, for 8000 active usage hours or 2 years from the purchase date – whichever comes first. The warranty does not cover any damage caused by the use of liquid-filled tires or inner tube. For warranty claims, the tire usage data gathered by the Intuitu application may be used.