Mon November 14 03:16 pm 2011 in category Product news
Increased size selection for block-patterned Nokian TRI 2 special tyre
brings more effectiveness to property and road maintenance
The block-patterned Nokian TRI 2 has a reliable, gentle grip on the varied contracting tasks in agriculture, industry, and road and environment maintenance. The new sizes, 270/75R15, 250/75R16, and 250/80R16 are especially suited for small tractors. These puncture resistant special products with excellent grip are a handy choice for property maintenance and grass field care. The newcomer, TRI 2 620/80R42, on the other hand, is aimed at heavier contracting.
The arrow-shaped tread and strong, firm structure guarantee excellent grip even in soft terrain or wet conditions. High load-bearing capacity and a comfortable and stable, car-like driving feel simplify the everyday work of the contractor, all year round.
- The structures, tread pattern, and rubber compound of the Nokian TRI 2 have been tailored for demanding working conditions where the best possible effectiveness is required. These finely tuned properties allow for more working hours in challenging tasks where work fluency, safety, and eco-friendliness are valued. The block pattern, large contact surface, and even surface pressure allow the tyre to be used even for working on green area maintenance, for example on delicate park and garden areas, says Martti Päivinen, Product Development Manager for Nokian Heavy Tyres.
This reliable contractor's companion is known for its eco-friendliness. It treats the surface gently and cleans effortlessly, ensuring that the machines do not carry soil onto roads. The eco-friendliness of the special tyre is further enhanced by low tyre noise and low rolling resistance, which reduces fuel consumption.
The Nokian TRI 2 is at its best when the machine is used for driving and working at the same time. The effortlessly cleaning tyre works reliably and fast, also during transfers. It has a speed class of D=65 km/h.
Nokian ELS Radial saves up to 3,200 litres of fuel
The Nokian ELS Radial agriculture tyre achieved excellent results in a fuel consumption test performed for flotation tyres. The test included two models of Nokian ELS Radial tyres (750/60R30.5 and 750/55R34) and three competing tyres. If the fuel consumption of the Nokian ELS Radial tyres is set at 100 per cent, the competitors scored 101%, 103%, and 109%.
If the annual working time is 2,000 hours, the competitors consume 400, 1,200, and 3,200 litres more fuel than the Nokian ELS Radial tyres. On an annual level, the competitors generated €600, €1,800, and €4,800 more costs, respectively. The independent comparison test was performed by Agrifood Research Finland. The round-shoulder Nokian ELS Radial tyre is designed for use on the field; it is the best choice especially when driving more on the field than on the road.
Nokian TRI 2 - Reliable performance all year round
- Versatile and environmentally friendly special tyre that is designed for the needs of modern farming and machine contracting
- Excellent grip, high load-bearing capacity and a pleasant driving response
- Sturdy and fast, including on the road (max. 65 km/h/40 mph)
- The widest size selection on the market
Nokian ELS Radial - Respecting and protecting the environment
- Environmentally friendly flotation tyre for large agricultural machines and trailers
- Low surface pressure and soil compaction thanks to the wide contact area
- The sturdy radial tyre endures speed well
Agritechnica 2011. You will find us at Hall/Stand 17C05.
Further information: www.nokianheavytyres.com
Product Development Manager
Nokian Heavy Tyres Ltd
Tel. +358 (0)10 401 7544
Nokian Reifen GmbH
Peter Köhne, Produktmanagement
Tel.: +49 911-52 755 190
Fax: +49 911-52 755 29
Mobile: +49 175 583 75 27