Our leadership and product development are guided by our ethical guidelines, the Environmental, Safety, and Quality Policy, and testing policies. We also comply with several requirements concerning noise, studs, chemicals, testing, and tire markings, among other things.
The basic principles of quality in our supply chain follow best practices based on the UNECE and EU regulations, efficiency, and functionality of the processes, safety and consistency of products as well as delivery reliability.
Our research and development functions comply with the legislation that guides our industry, regulations and instructions by the authorities and the principles described in our ethical guidelines. Our activities are supervised by the authorities in various countries.
Our product development is also guided by the following policies, procedures, and regulations:
- UN/ECE E regulations 30, 54, 106, 109 and 117
- EC/661/2009; General Safety Regulation
- TP TC 018/2011; Technical regulation on the safety of wheeled vehicles
- Decree 408/2003 as amended by Decree 466/2009; Stud Decree
- U.S. DOT NHTSA Standards 571.119, 571.139, 575.104
- CCC Chinese Compulsory Certification standards GB/T 9743, GB/T 4502, GB/T 521
- GSO Standards 51, 52, 53, 645, 646, 647, 1783, 1784
Following product responsibility
We use the following indicators for tracking leadership and product responsibility development:
- 416-1 Assessment of the health and safety impacts of product and service categories
- Extent of mitigation of the environmental impacts of products and services (non-GRI)
- Reducing the rolling resistance (non-GRI)
- EC/1222/2009; European Tyre Labelling Regulation
- EC/1907/2006; REACH Directive
- ISO 17025 accreditation
- Agreement on production consistency with EU Directive 2007/46/EC and the UN/ECE 1958 Agreement