Shareholders’ Nomination Board
Nokian Tyres' Annual General Meeting 2020 decided to establish a Shareholders’ Nomination Board to prepare proposals to the General Meeting concerning the election and remuneration of the Board of Directors. In addition, the AGM decided to approve the Charter of the Shareholders’ Nomination Board.
members of the shareholders' nomination board
The Nomination Board consists of five members of which four members represent the Company’s four largest shareholders, and one member is the Chairman of the Board. The four largest shareholders are determined on the basis of the shareholders’ register maintained by Euroclear Finland Ltd. on the first banking day of June.
If a shareholder, who would have the obligation to notify the Company of certain changes in shareholding under the Finnish Securities Markets Act (flagging obligation), presents a written request addressed to the Board by the first banking day of June, the holdings of a corporation or a foundation controlled by such shareholder or such shareholder’s holdings in several funds or registers will be combined when determining the nomination right. A holder of nominee-registered shares will be taken into account when determining the composition of the Nomination Board if the holder of nominee-registered shares presents a written request concerning the issue addressed to the Board by the first banking day of June.
The members of the Nomination Board shall not be entitled to remuneration from the Company on the basis of their membership unless otherwise decided by the General Meeting. The Nomination Board is established to operate until abolished by the decision of the General Meeting. The term of the members of the Nomination Board shall end upon the nomination of the following Nomination Board in accordance with the Charter.
The following members have been appointed to Nokian Tyres’ Shareholders' Nomination Board 2020:
- Mr. Antti Mäkinen (CEO, Solidium Oy), appointed by Solidium Oy
- Mr. Heikki Westerlund (board professional), appointed by Bridgestone Corporation
- Mr. Mikko Mursula (Chief Investment Officer, Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company), appointed by Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Mr. Timo Sallinen (Senior Vice President, Investments, Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company), appointed by Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Mr. Jukka Hienonen, Chairman of the Board, Nokian Tyres plc
Charter of the Shareholders' Nomination Board is available as a pdf below: